CUSS 2021 Award Committees
Below are our section’s 2021 award committee calls. Please note we have a new award this year, the Publicly-Engaged Scholar Award. I thank all of the award committee chairs and members for their willingness to serve as well as council member Jean Beaman for organizing these committees. You all are publishing great work and I am excited to see who gets recognized next year.
All submissions must be received by March 1, 2021 and award winners will be notified by June 30, 2021.
1. Robert E. Park Book Award: This award goes to the author(s) of the best book published in the previous 2 years (2019/2020). Please send nomination or self-nomination letters to the award committee co-chairs via email. Also, mail (or email) a hard copy (or electronic version) of the book to each committee member.
- Committee co-chair: Scott Frickel (Brown University)
- 75 Vassar Ave., Providence, RI 02906
- Committee co-chair: Jim Elliott, Jr. (Rice University)
- 395 Hopi Place, Boulder, CO 80303
- Jaleh Jalili (Rice University)
- 2437 South Blvd., Apt. 12, Houston, TX 77098
- Ray Hutchison (University Wisconsin, Green Bay)
- 1767 East Shore Drive, Green Bay, WI 54302
- Jeffrey Parker (University of New Orleans)
- 1227 St. Roch Ave., Unit A, New Orleans, LA 70117
2. Jane Addams Article Award: The Jane Addams Award (formerly the Park Article Award) goes to author(s) of the best scholarly article in community and urban sociology published in the previous 2 years (2019/2020). Please send nomination or self-nomination letters and publications to the award committee chair via email.
- Committee chair: Jackie Hwang (Stanford University), email@example.com
3. Community and Urban Sociology Graduate Student Paper Award: The CUSS Student Paper award goes to the student author of the paper the committee regards as the best graduate student paper in community and urban sociology. Please send nomination or self-nomination letters and publications to the award committee chair via email.
- Committee chair: Brian McCabe (Georgetown University), firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Robert and Helen Lynd Award for Lifetime Achievement: This award recognizes distinguished career achievement in community and urban sociology. Please send nomination letters to the award committee chair via email.
- Committee chair: Barry Lee (Pennsylvania State University), email@example.com
5. CUSS Publicly Engaged Scholar Award: This award recognizes community and urban sociologists who use their research to make significant and meaningful contributions to public debates, public policy, and/or communities. Please send nomination or self-nomination letters to the award committee chair via email.